First National Bank: Built on a Solid Foundation
Our solid foundation was established in the 1920’s on the strength and stability of the local community of Crowley, Louisiana. Since our inception, we have grown to hold over $317,000,000 in assets, ensuring personal service as the cornerstone of all we do. Although we still call the original Crowley Skyscraper home, we now include locations in Lafayette, Sulphur, and Lake Charles. Our roots are simple and we strive to provide the same personal touch our foundation was built on.
A Timeline: Building a Solid Foundation
1920 Construction begins
1924 First National Bank of Crowley opens on April 1st in the building deemed the "highest skyscraper” between New Orleans and Houston. Mr. CJ Freeland is named the bank’s 1st President.
1933 Following the "Banking Holiday” of the Depression, FNB is the only bank in Acadia Parish to re-open. While other banks across the nation are closing, Mr. C.J. Freeland orders $250,000.00 in $1.00 bills to be stacked by the vault. As customers arrive to withdraw their money, the sight of the stacked green backs discourage them from withdrawing, securing the future of the community bank.
1950 B.W. Freeland, Sr. is named the 2nd FNB President. A family tradition for the Freeland family continues with the second generation presidency.
1959 David and Gerald Smith join FNB as Executive Vice President and Director respectively. The tradition of family service continues with the Smith brother’s leadership.
1966 Richard Seale, age 36 joins FNB as one of the state’s youngest banking CEO’s. One year later, Seale is named 3rd President and CEO.
1968 After 48 years of ownership, the Freeland family sells the Crowley bank building to FNB. Following the sale, the bank goes through extensive renovations being the first bank in Crowley to have drive-in windows, night depository, and a time/temperature sign.
1973 Another first, FNB’s bookkeeping becomes 100% electronic.
1979 Richard Seale is named Chairman of the Board
1984 The first ATM machines in Acadia Parish are opened by FNB in 3 locations.
1989 After 51 years of service to FNB, B.W. Freeland retires from the Board.
1994 The bank holding company, Financial Corporation of Louisiana, is formed.
1995 FNB opens a Lake Charles branch and establishes a 24-hour tellerphone line.
1996 North Crowley Branch Opens
1998 Another technological first, FNB introduces a web site and PC banking.
1998 J. Randall Prather is named the bank’s 4th President and CEO.
2000 Lafayette Branch Opens
2002 Sulphur Branch Opens
2008 FNB surpasses 200 million in Assets
2009 Lake Charles renovates branch, doubling its size.